Ness County Bank Building is a four-story, 18,700 sq. ft. stone building upon its completion in 1890, was called, “The finest and most imposing structure west of Topeka.” Instead of sand, crushed and ground limestone were used as an aggregate for the mortar to insure an exact match with adjoining stone. The window fenestration is generally grouped in threes with second floor windows enclosed in enormous semi-curricular arches which rise from the first floor line and provide a striking accent to the facade. The pyramid roof structure is flanked by four cut-stone spires. Tower stonework shows the fine craftsmanship of the 1880s.